Curriculum & Classes
LD&A offers the following two types of dance classes:
- Chinese Dance Class – includes basic dance training, basic and advanced techniques, classical and folk dance, performance techniques and studio/stage rehearsal.
- Ballet Dance Class – includes basic dance training, basic and advanced technique, Pointe, performance technique and studio/stage rehearsal.
The levels of the dance classes are divided according to student age and skill level as follows:
- Children Class (age from 4 – 7 years)
- Beginner Class (age from 8 – 11 years)
- Intermediate Class (age from 12 – 14 years)
- Advanced Class (age from 15 – 18 years)
- Adult Class (age from 18 + years)
The dance classes are also arranged according to student’s interest level and class size as follows:
- Group Performing Class (Min. 6 students, Max. 14 students, Perform during LD&A events)
- Group Interest Class (Min. 6 students, Max. 14 students, no performance)
- Private Performing Class (Min. 1 student, Max. 5 students, Perform during LD&A events)
- Private Interest Class (Min. 1 student, Max. 5 students, No performance)
- Special Individual Class (designed as special assistance to students who are new to Group Classes and for students who need to catch up with their classes)